- JD, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William and Mary
- BA, Hampton University
- United States Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- District Court for the District of Columbia
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Labor and Employment Law
- District of Columbia Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Michigan Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- National Employment Law Council (President)
- The American Bar Association (Chair of the Employment Law Committee of the Business Law Section)
- National Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Litigation Counsel of America
Ms. Johnson has more than 25 years of experience in representing employers in employment law matters. Ms. Johnson has been an employment law partner with Paul Hastings, LLP and Wickliff & Hall P.C. She also served as in-house counsel with The Dow Chemical Company.
Ms. Johnson is a frequent speaker at seminars sponsored by The American Bar Association, ALI-CLE, The National Employment Law Council, and The National Employment Law Institute. She also frequently provides training in virtually all aspect of employment law and human resources management. Ms. Johnson serves as the editor of the employment law chapter of Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Law, published by the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association.
Labor and Employment
- Litigation, including civil rights discrimination claims in federal and state court, class and collective actions, whistleblower/retaliation claims, wage and hour claims, public law (municipalities and schools), breach of contract claims, ERISA claims, and arbitrations. Ms. Johnson has tried more than 30 employment law cases. She also represents employers before state and federal agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, state Human Rights agencies, the Department of Labor, and the Department of Justice.
- Assists employers with developing and implementing employment policies, conducting workplace investigations, regulatory and compliance matters, implementing diversity and leadership programs, and day-to-day employment law issues.
HONORS AND RECOGNITIONS
- American Bar Association’s College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
- Texas College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
- International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers
- Washington DC Super Lawyers