- JD, George Mason University School of Law, 2001
- BS, James Madison University
- LL.M. Intellectual Property Law, Technology Focus, George Mason University School of Law (2017-2019)
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Virginia State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- City of Alexandria Bar Association
- Newsletter Co-Editor, National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (2015-present)
- Member (Vice President 2017-18), Board of Directors, George Mason University School of Law Alumni Association (2013-present)
Ms. France is a seasoned litigator, who regularly appears in state and federal courts on behalf of business clients in complex commercial disputes, business torts, and employment actions, including the well-known “Rocket Docket” of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Additionally, Ms. France offers a wealth of corporate transactional experience on a wide-range of legal disciplines, including business contracts, entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, employment matters, bankruptcy, and creditor’s rights.
- Represents clients through all phases of litigation, including case assessment, dismissal motions, discovery, discovery and trial motions, summary judgment, mediation, settlement discussions and negotiations, trials, and appeals in federal and state courts, and before administrative agencies and arbitrators on claims involving employment matters, business contracts, business torts, commercial leases, intellectual property infringement, trade secrets, premise liability, government contracting matters, debt collection and creditor bankruptcy issues.
Labor and Employment
- Litigation and providing legal counsel to clients on employment issues arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Executive Order 11246, Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act, Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), Americans with Disabilities Act (including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008), the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Genetic Non-Discrimination Act of 2008, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Virginia and the District of Columbia Human Rights Acts, and local Virginia human rights ordinances.
- Auditing company policies and/or provided legal advice relating to equal pay, discrimination issues, government contractor ethic issues, whistleblower protections under federal law and trade secret protections under state and federal law, and devising and implementing preventive strategies with respect to legal compliance and employment issues.
- Conducting workplace training for organizations, supervisors, and management on relevant employment issues such as compliance with Title VII, workplace investigations, social media, FLSA overtime requirements, medical leave and intermittent leave, employment law and regulation updates.
- Representing and providing legal counsel to clients on personnel matters, and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (including representation during the investigation leading up to the Report of Investigation, administrative hearing phase, and appeal), local Human Rights Offices, Merit Systems Protection Board, Department of Labor and National Labor Relations Authority.
HONORS AND RECOGNITIONS
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, 5.0 rating out of 5.0
- Virginia Legal Elite, Business Law 2014, by Virginia Business Magazine
- Business Litigation Rising Star 2014, by Virginia Super Lawyers
- Virginia Legal Elite in Civil Litigation 2013, by Virginia Business Magazine
- Virginia Legal Elite in 2007, 2008 and 2009, by Virginia Business Magazine
- Rising Star 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015, by Virginia Super Lawyers
- Rising Star 2013, 2014 and 2015, by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers